Let's face it, you're really here for the "soaking wet" stuff, right?
During an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Wednesday, the 40-year-old actor came to the company's defense by reminding viewers the kitchen appliance that set fire to their family's home was not specifically a Crock-Pot, but a generic faulty slow cooker.
"I own a Crock-Pot, I love Crock-Pot," Ventimiglia said. "It's a good reminder to check your batteries, ladies and gentleman, and your smoke detectors. Unplug your devices maybe."
"Are you trying to protect the reputation of a Crock-Pot?" Ellen asked. "Why do you care so much that it's a slow cooker?"
"Because I think there was a lot of misdirected hate at a Crock-Pot as opposed to a faulty slow cooker from the past," he said. "The good news is it didn't slowly cook Jack."
As TooFab previously reported, Crock-Pot faced the ire of the internet once it was revealed a similar product had something to do with the beloved TV dad's death.
"Crock-Pot understands the concerns brought up by last night's episode of 'This Is Us,' and we too are heartbroken by the latest development in Jack's story line," a Crock-Pot spokesperson told TooFab at the time. "However, it is important that our consumers understand and have confidence that all Crock-Pot slow cookers exceed all internal testing protocols and all applicable industry safety standards and regulations as verified by independent third-party testing labs. For nearly 50 years, with over 100 million Crock-Pots sold, we have never received any consumer complaints similar to the fictional events portrayed in last night’s episode. In fact, the safety and design of our product renders this type of event nearly impossible."
The actor later played a game of "Make It Rain," where he attempted to win a $10,000 for the charity of his choosing.
The stunt left him drenched with water, and making a sizable donation to The Rape Foundation.