"I am appalled and distressed by this baseless allegation," the actor says.
"I am aware that a former disgruntled assistant of mine has made a private post implying that I had acted in an improper manner towards her," Tambor told Deadline in an article published Wednesday. "I adamantly and vehemently reject and deny any and all implication and allegation that I have ever engaged in any improper behavior toward this person or any other person I have ever worked with. I am appalled and distressed by this baseless allegation."
His accuser, a transgender woman named Van Barnes, who previously made appearances on E!'s "I Am Cait" and the 2015 Amazon documentary "This Is Me," wrote her allegation in a private Facebook post earlier this week. Due to the security block, we are unsure how severe her accusation is. Deadline simply described whatever Tambor allegedly did as "inappropriate behavior."
Amazon is investigating the matter by speaking to various members of the "Transparent" cast and crew. The critically acclaimed series, in which Tambor plays a transgender woman, is currently not in production.
The allegation against Tambor is the latest accusation against a major Hollywood star. The Harvey Weinstein scandal has emboldened women and men in entertainment to speak out about unsavory experiences of all kinds, ranging from harassment to sexual assault, misconduct and rape.