As new accusations surface, a top producer for The CW was suspended while the network investigates.
In the latest wave of news about sexual harassment and sexual abuse in Hollywood, "Star Trek" actor George Takei vehemently denied groping a male model in the 1980s, while Corey Haim's mother pushed back on claims that Charlie Sheen molested her son and made an accusation of her own.
Meanwhile, a top producer from The CW has been suspended while the network investigates harassment allegations, actress Rebel Wilson shared her own experiences on Twitter, and "Wonder Woman" star Gal Gadot is reportedly taking a strong stand against Brett Ratner.
Here are today's updates:
'Star Trek' icon George Takei has denied accusations that he groped a male model in 1981. Scott R. Brunton, who was 23 at the time, told The Hollywood Reporter on Friday that Takei invited him out to dinner and the theater one night after Brunton broke up with his boyfriend, and then took him back to his condo for a drink. Brunton alleged that he felt dizzy and disoriented after having a second drink, passed out in a chair and woke up to find his pants around his ankles and Takei groping his crotch. Friends of Brunton told THR that he confided in them about the incident years ago.
Friends,— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) November 11, 2017
I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Bruton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them. /1
Takei, who previously criticized Kevin Spacey for coming out as gay to deflect allegations of sexually harassing actor Anthony Rapp, denied these allegations on Twitter and Facebook, saying: "The events [Brunton] describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I don’t know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do."
"Pitch Perfect" star Rebel Wilson used Twitter to share her own experience about sexual harassment in Hollywood.
I've been away in a 'bubble' of sorts creating new comedy overseas but it's so hard to hear all these stories relating to sexual harassment and assault in Hollywood. As you guys know, I'm a pretty strong and confident person but even I have a story to tell.— Rebel Wilson (@RebelWilson) November 11, 2017
She alleged that "a male star, in a position of power" asked her to go into a room with him and then repeatedly asked her to stick her finger up his ass, while his male friends laughed and tried to film it on their iPhones. She said she left the room, called her agent and lodged a complaint with the studio, but was later pressured by one of the star's representatives to "be nice" and support him. "I've told hundreds of people in the industry the story in more graphic detail basically to warn them off this individual," she said.
Wilson also alleged that earlier in her career, a top director invited her into a hotel room to talk about comedy, but nothing physical happened because his wife called and started yelling at him for sleeping with actresses, so loudly that Wilson overheard and left the room. "I know, moving forward, that if I witness this behavior, whether it happens to me or someone I know, I will no longer be POLITE," she said. "Interpret that as you will."
The mother of the late Corey Haim has dismissed explosive allegations that Charlie Sheen sexually abused her son, and instead accused the man who made the claims about Sheen to the National Enquirer. In an appearance on "The Dr. Oz Show," Judy Haim said that actor Dominick Brascia was actually the one who performed a sex act on Haim at Brascia's house when he was only 13, and blamed his friend and fellow child actor Corey Feldman for introducing Haim to Brascia and to drugs.
Brascia told the National Enquirer on Wednesday that Sheen sexually abused Haim on the set of their 1986 movie "Lucas." He also said in a 2016 interview with Perez Hilton that Haim's mother never liked him and that he denied sexually abusing Haim himself: "He [Haim] was 14 or 15 and his abuser whose identity he never revealed was in his forties. I'm in my fifties, the guy would be 73 today." Charlie Sheen is currently 52.
Feldman, who recently launched a campaign to raise $10 million to make a film exposing alleged sexual predators in Hollywood, said in his 2013 autobiography "Coreyography" that powerful men molested him and Haim when they were both child actors. He named Jon Grissom as one of these alleged abusers during an appearance on "Dr. Oz" last week.
Gal Gadot has refused to sign on for the next "Wonder Woman" movie unless Brett Ratner is cut out of the deal, according to Page Six. An anonymous Hollywood source said Gadot doesn't want her hit movie franchise to benefit a man accused of sexual misconduct, and won't participate in "Wonder Woman 2" directed by Patty Jenkins unless Warner Bros. buys him out of his financing deal.
Last month, Gadot backed out of a dinner honoring the "X-Men" director, where she was expected to present him with an award. Warner Bros. announced it was cutting ties with Ratner after a string of sexual harassment allegations from actresses like Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge.
Ratner has vehemently denied the allegations through his attorney.
"Supergirl" and "Arrow" executive producer Andrew Kreisberg has been suspended following accusations of sexual harassment, Variety reports. Fifteen women and four men, who chose to remain anonymous out of fear of retaliation, accused Kreisberg of a pattern of sexual harassment and inappropriate physical contact over a period of years. Allegations included asking for massages from female staffers, kissing women without asking and making sexualized comments about them.
Warner Bros. TV Group told Variety, "We have suspended Mr. Kreisberg and are conducting an internal investigation. We take all allegations of misconduct extremely seriously, and are committed to creating a safe working environment for our employees and everyone involved in our products."
Kreisberg strongly denied the allegations.