West Hollywood City Council Votes to Remove Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star -- After Getting Destroyed (Again)
Getty
48 Times Trump Pissed Off Hollywood in His First Year as POTUS

The West Hollywood City Council unanimously voted Monday night to remove President Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

President Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is one step closer to getting the boot.

On Monday night, the West Hollywood City Council passed a resolution asking the Los Angeles City Council and Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to permanently remove Trump's star following its second destruction in two years.

Put forth by West Hollywood Mayor Pro Tempore John D'Amico and Councilmember Lindsey P. Horvath, the vote on the notion among all five councilmembers was unanimous, as announced by Mayor John Duran on Twitter. Duran added the hashtags #unAmericanvalues and #MakeAmericaintoAmericaAgain to his message.

According to The Washington Times, Duran insisted that the WeHo City Council not make its decision based on Trump's conservative politics but rather on his "abuse of women, minorities, immigrants, the disabled." Duran added that Trump has "crossed a line of decency."

Trump was awarded his star in 2007 after years of hosting "The Apprentice," and it has since been the site of many protests -- some of which have including the act of defecating. The star was first smashed to pieces with a sledgehammer and pick-axe in October 2016, one month before Trump was elected President of the United States. The second destruction took place just last month after a man reduced it to rubble using a pick-axe.

But just because there's demand for a star's removal doesn't mean it'll happen.

For years, people have been asking for the removal of Bill Cosby's star after dozens of women came forward and accused him of sexual misconduct.

Regarding Trump's star, the Hollywood Historic Trust said it would be repairing it after the recent smashing. Hollywood Chamber of Commerce CEO Leron Gubler backed the notion by stating that all stars are part of the fixed landmark on Hollywood Boulevard.

"Once we receive a communication from the City of West Hollywood, it will be referred to our Executive Committee for consideration at their next meeting," Gubler told TMZ. "As of now, there are no plans to remove any stars from the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The West Hollywood City Council does not have jurisdiction over the Hollywood Walk of Fame."

TooFab has contacted all five West Hollywood City Councilmembers for comment.

View Photos Getty/Twitter 48 Times Trump Pissed Off Hollywood in His First Year as POTUS

Advertisement