Cameron James Pettit allegedly messaged his friends on Instagram shortly after Miller's death, saying he would "most likely" "die in jail."
The man who allegedly supplied Mac Miller with the fentanyl-laced pills that contributed to the rapper's accidental overdose and death has been arrested.
On Wednesday, 28-year-old Cameron James Pettit was taken into custody for allegedly supplying Miller with counterfeit oxycodone pills that contained fentanyl, a synthetic opioid that's 80 to 100 times stronger than morphine.
Per the 42-page criminal complaint, obtained by TMZ, federal prosecutors claim the rapper had asked Pettit for "percs" -- short for Percocet, a brand-name prescription painkiller that contains acetaminophen and oxycodone -- and that Pettit allegedly ended up supplying Miller with the deadly knockoff pills instead.
According to TMZ, authorities claim Miller received two deliveries of drugs, two days before his death. One batch is believed to have been from Pettit, who allegedly supplied cocaine, Xanax and the fentanyl-laced oxycodone pills. The other is believed to have been from a prostitute, who allegedly gave Miller pure oxycodone, hydrocodone, amphetamine, Xanax and cocaine.
Prosecutors say the prostitute works for a madam, who they believe is associated with Pettit. They claim that when Pettit did not immediately responded to Miller's request for a second delivery, the rapper hit up the madam, who then sent her prostitute to deliver the additional drugs.
Prosecutors also say Pettit directly messaged his friends on Instagram shortly after news broke of Miller's death, allegedly saying he shouldn't post anything as a reaction, "just to be smart." When someone later asked Pettit how he was doing, prosecutors claim he replied, "I am not great ... Most likely I will die in jail."
The criminal complaint claims Pettit was one of three people who supplied the late rapper with drugs.
Mac Miller, real name Malcolm James McCormick, was found unresponsive in his Studio City home on September 7, 2018. He was pronounced dead on the scene. His death was later ruled an accidental overdose from alcohol, cocaine and fentanyl. He was 26.
Got a story or a tip for us? Email TooFab editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.