"We aim to keep audiences guessing what will happen next," teases Tori Spelling.
Fans might not see the West Beverly gang reunite on Fox anytime soon, but that doesn't necessarily mean their days together are over.
On Thursday, the network confirmed that it would not be bringing back "BH90210" for a second season, after a summer revival earlier this year. But after the news dropped, a few of the show's stars hinted that they're shopping it around to other platforms.
"We are so proud to have reunited in a very special summer event one of the network's legacy series and casts with 90210 fans across the country," FOX said in a statement. "Profound thanks to and respect for Brian, Gabrielle, Ian, Jason, Jennie, Shannen and Tori, who, along with the entire crew and everyone at FOX and CBS Television Studios, poured their hearts and souls into this truly inventive and nostalgic revival."
Last night, after the cancelation was confirmed, Tori Spelling was one of the first to post about the news. Sharing a photo of herself in the red dress from the original series which she also rocked again on the revival, she teased a Season 2 could drop somewhere else.
"Things happened this past summer... 1. #bh90210 was the highest rated show of the summer," she began. "2. Our #bh90210 cast proved that after 20 years, you indeed CAN go home again... 3. I didn’t cram myself (with 3 pairs of spanx! ) into a red dress I wore on tv when I was 18 years old for nothin."
"Sometimes home isn't where you ARE but who you are WITH. Together, our #bh90210 family can do anything," she added. "We've proved that to each other and our loyal fans. We ARE better together."
"Our show is so meta that all the reality out there just helps us continue to evolve and gives us GREAT new storylines," she then said. "The gift that keeps on giving. We aim to keep audiences guessing what will happen next. So stay tuned as our journey unfolds.." She included the hashtags, #bh90210 #onthemove #myhighschooldressfits #miraclesdohappen
Jennie Garth also tweeted about how the cancelation could just add to the show's meta twist. "Summers highest rated show gets more meta by the minute #bh90210 practically writes itself," she wrote. "Thank you for the 2nd season material 🤣 You never know what's really going on behind the scenes! Stay tuned..."
Guest star Christine Elise also reposted one of her fan's stories on Instagram, one which read, "FOX you’re just a BIG Meanie!!! Someone pick this show up!!! @BH90210 #Renew90210 #PickUp90210 #BH90210"
Speaking with Us Weekly last night, Cabrielle Carteris confirmed talks about other options for the show are underway. "There are, so I'm excited," she told the outlet.
Sharing a photo of the Peach Pit early Thursday, he captioned the picture, "What a fun trip back. Thanks to the fans :)))"
This morning, he then added a comment that referenced the show's lack of Season 2 pickup. "When Fox picked up the show it was always billed as a summer event," he wrote. "Thanks to Fox we did 306 episodes of 90210 (9021bro can fact check that number) if the show gets picked up somewhere else we will talk about making more but thank you to all the fans that kept the dream alive and supported us for so long."
He also shared a photo of himself with LaLa Anthony, who played his wife in the reboot. In the comments, she wrote, "B u are awesome‼️‼️‼️ I loved working with u!!!!! Hoping to do it again one day."