Sarah Jessica Parker and Taraji P. Henson were tapped to announce this year's nominees.
While most of us are still in lockdown, award season is still very much happening in 2021. Though last year's event went down in early-January, the 78th Annual Golden Globe Awards were delayed until later this month -- and today, we finally got our nominees.
Actresses Sarah Jessica Parker and Taraji P. Henson announced the noms on Wednesday morning, revealing who the Hollywood Foreign Press Association decided to celebrate in both TV and film.
Garnering the most love on the film side were movies like "The Trial of the Chicago 7" and "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm" -- which both earned Sacha Baron Cohen nominations -- as well as "Promising Young Woman," "Mank" and "The Father." Chadwick Boseman earned a posthumous nod for his work in "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom," while Regina King scored a directing nomination for "One Night In Miami."
Other noteworthy nominations included James Corden for "The Prom," Michelle Pfeiffer for "French Exit" and Kate Hudson getting a nod for "Music," which also scored a Best Motion Picture nomination. While there has been a lot of critical love for "Minari," the film -- an American production with mostly Korean dialogue -- only scored a Best Foreign Picture nomination.
On the TV side, "The Crown" continued its reign as an awards darling -- picking up a Best Drama nod, as well as noms for stars like Olivia Colman, Emma Corrin (Princess Diana) and Josh O'Connor (Prince Charles). "Ozark" and its stars got a lot of love as well, as did "Schitt's Creek" -- which has never been a contender at the Golden Globes until now, the show's final season.
Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media.
Surprising and first-time noms on the TV side included "Emily In Paris" and its star Lily Collins getting nominations, Kaley Cuoco and "The Flight Attendant" scoring some love (see her shocked reaction above!), as well as newcomers and one-offs like "Ted Lasso," "The Queen's Gambit," "The Undoing" and "The Great." Though "Normal People" and star Daisy Edgar-Jones were nominated, Paul Mescal was snubbed.
Also completely MIA from the nominations: Michael Coel's acclaimed "I May Destroy You" and the actors from "Lovecraft Country," though the show itself did score a Best Drama nod.
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will host the actual event -- from opposite coasts -- which will air on February 28 on NBC.
BEST MOTION PICTURE, DRAMA
- The Father - Mank - Nomadland - Promising Young Woman - The Trial of the Chicago 7
BEST ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE, DRAMA
- Viola Davis, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom - Andra Day, The United States vs. Billie Holiday - Vanessa Kirby, Pieces of a Woman - Frances McDormand, Nomadland - Carey Mulligan, Promising Young Woman
BEST ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE, DRAMA
- Riz Ahmed, Sound of Metal - Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom - Anthony Hopkins, The Father - Gary Oldman, Mank - Tahar Rahim, The Mauritanian
BEST MOTION PICTURE, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
- Borat Subsequent Moviefilm - Hamilton - Music - Palm Springs - The Prom
BEST ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
- Maria Bakalova, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm - Kate Hudson, Music - Michelle Pfeiffer, French Exit - Rosamond Pike, I Care A Lot - Anya Taylor-Joy, Emma.
BEST ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE, COMEDY OR MUSICAL
- Sacha Baron Cohen, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm - James Corden, The Prom - Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hamilton - Dev Patel, The Personal History of David Copperfield - Andy Samberg, Palm Springs
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MOTION PICTURE
- Glenn Close, Hillbilly Elegy - Olivia Colman, The Father - Jodie Foster, The Mauritanian - Amanda Seyfreid, Mank - Helena Zengel, News of the World
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MOTION PICTURE
- Sacha Baron Cohen, The Trial of the Chicago 7 - Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah - Jared Leto, The Little Things - Bill Murray, On the Rocks - Leslie Odom Jr., One Night In Miami
- Emerald Fennell, Promising Young Woman - David Fincher, Mank - Regina King, One Night In Miami... - Aaron Sorkin, The Trial of the Chicago 7 - Chloe Zhao, Nomadland
BEST ORIGINAL SONG
- Fight For You, Judas and the Black Messiah - Hear My Voice, The Trial of the Chicago 7 - Io Si (Seen), The Life Ahead - Speak Now, One Night In Miami - Tigress In Tweed, United Stats vs. Billie Holiday
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
- The Midnight Sky - Tenet - News of the World - Mank - Soul
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
- Another Round - La Llorona - The Life Ahead - Minari - Two of Us
- Promising Young Woman - Mank - The Trial of the Chicago 7 - The Father - Nomadland
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
- The Croods: A New Age - Onward - Over the Moon - Soul - Wolfwalkers
BEST TV SERIES, DRAMA
- The Crown - Lovecraft Country - The Mandalorian - Ozark - Ratched
BEST ACTRESS IN A TV SERIES, DRAMA
- Olivia Colman, The Crown - Jodie Comer, Killing Eve - Emma Corrin, The Crown - Laura Linney, Ozark - Sarah Paulson, Ratched
BEST ACTOR IN A TV SERIES, DRAMA
- Jason Bateman, Ozark - Josh O'Connor, The Crown - Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul - Al Pacino, Hunters - Matthew Rhys, Perry Mason
BEST TV SERIES, COMEDY
- Emily In Paris - The Flight Attendant - The Great - Schitt's Creek - Ted Lasso
BEST ACTRESS IN A TV SERIES, COMEDY
- Lily Collins, Emily In Paris - Kaley Cuoco, The Flight Attendant - Elle Fanning, The Great - Jane Levy, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist - Catherine O'Hara, Schitt's Creek
BEST ACTOR IN A TV SERIES, COMEDY
- Don Cheadle, Black Monday - Nicholas Hoult, The Great - Eugene Levy, Schitt's Creek - Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso - Ramy Youssef, Ramy
BEST TV LIMITED SERIES, MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE
- Normal People - The Queen's Gambit - Small Axe - The Undoing - Unorthodox
BEST ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES, MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE
- Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America - Daisy Edgar-Jones, Normal People - Shira Haas, Unorthodox - Nicole Kidman, The Undoing - Anya Taylor-Joy, The Queen's Gambit
BEST ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES, MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE
- Bryan Cranston, Your Honor - Jeff Daniels, The Comey Rule - Hugh Grant, The Undoing - Ethan Hawke, The Good Lord Bird - Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much Is True
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Gillian Anderson, The Crown - Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown - Julia Garner, Ozark - Annie Murphy, Schitt's Creek - Cynthia Nixon, Ratched
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- John Boyega, Small Axe - Brendan Gleeson, The Comey Rule - Daniel Levy, Schitt's Creek - Jim Parsons, Hollywood - Donald Sutherland, The Undoing