A GoFundMe set up to help Silva's family with funeral costs confirmed he had been lost to "a sudden fatal accident".
"He left behind many family members and friends who greatly miss him and are grieving," the organizer wrote.
Sunday's fatality is only the latest in an alarming trend of baby announcement mishaps and tragedies: the El Dorado wildfire in California last September — which claimed the life of a firefighter — is believed to have been sparked by a smoke generating-device at a gender reveal party.
A year previous, two Texans narrowly escaped with their lives when the plane they were using to dump 350 gallons of pink water stalled and crashed. The following month a 56-year-old grandmother was killed by shrapnel at a gender reveal party when the family inadvertently built a pipe bomb.
In 2017, an off-duty border patrol agent accidentally started a 47,000 acre fire that cost more than $8million in damage when he shot an explosive canister filled with blue powder.
"People are very creative in the gender reveals, but remember safety is always and should be number one," Lt. Rich warned.