These festive stars have been ready to ring in the holiday season the entire year but they truly hit their prime in December. Thanks to their Christmas tunes, TV holiday specials and pure excitement for Santa's arrival, these celebs have become synonymous with the holiday season.
Read on to get the details about these holiday obsessed celebs…
1 / 7
1. Mariah Carey has been nicknamed the Queen of Christmas thanks to her over the top appreciation of the holiday. With one of the best selling Christmas songs of all time, Mariah marks the beginning of the holiday season for many people. She recently explained that part of the reason she loves the holidays is because she wasn’t able to experience it herself as a child. "I know a lot of the time people are like, ‘Oh, yay! Look at her! She’s, like, so festive and such a Christmas girl,’ or whatever. But, really, Christmas makes me happy. People think I had this princess-style life or whatever, a kind of fairy-tale existence where I just emerged, like, ‘Here I am!’ And that is not what it is…When you grow up with a messed-up life and then you’re able to have this transformation where you can make your life what you want it to be? That is joy for me. That’s why I want my kids to have everything they can have. I want them to be able to understand that they can be anything they want to be," Mariah shared with W Magazine.
2 / 7
2. Kelly Clarkson has followed in Mariah Carey’s footsteps to bring fans some of the most iconic Christmas songs of recent times. Since the 2013 release of her song "Underneath The Tree," it’s racked up almost 400 million streams on Spotify alone. She also released her own holiday special in 2021, celebrating all things Christmas and has since put out yet another album filled with holiday cheer.
3 / 7
3. If Mariah Carey is the Queen of Christmas, Meghan Trainor says she wants to be the princess of Christmas! Meghan, who released her first holiday album in 2020, has been a major fan of the Christmas season, long before her album dropped. She even dressed up as Cindy Lou-Who from "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" one year for Halloween!
4 / 7
4. Candace Cameron Bure has become synonymous with Christmas movies after starring in over 10 holiday flicks for Hallmark Channel and the Great American Family network. Fans have even dubbed her the Christmas Queen -- although she admits she’d like to drop the title because it can end up being a lot of pressure. "I make them because I love them. And I know that the viewers that watch them really love them, and they mean something to them. I always try to make it the best that I can, but I let the pressure go last year," Candace shared.
5 / 7
5. The Kardashians go all out when it comes to Christmastime, from the decor to the gifts. Every year, the members of the Kardashian clan each put up a massive tree packed with presents underneath. But the family is best known for their celeb-studded Christmas Eve party that Kris Jenner has been hosting since 1978. But after putting on the party for decades, Kris recently passed the baton to her daughters Kim and Kourtney, making them the hosts of future events. "Our Christmas Eve party was always this fun party that I just remember being friends and family and my grandparents and cousins. It was just the best night ever. But my mom’s been doing it for so long that it’s turned into something different…We want it to be a place that we can just have fun and it’s all of our friends and definitely family and my mom’s friends, too. But a good mix of both so we can have a good time and really just enjoy each other," Kim shared.
6 / 7
6. Chrissy Teigen and her husband John Legend shared their love of the holiday season with the world in their special, "A Legendary Christmas with John and Chrissy." Of course, John performed his renditions of some of his favorite holiday songs -- which he says he has long sung with his family while opening gifts on Christmas morning. "I love the holidays. I love being able to create memories with the kids. And, you know, I think I didn’t have many traditions growing up. Like we were kind of always all over the place. There were certain fruits that we would [get] every single year, but for the most part, it’s really fun, creating our new ones together as a family, because the things that they love are just so exciting and fresh," Chrissy told SheKnows.
7 / 7
7. The holiday season wouldn’t be complete without Oprah Winfrey and her annual favorite things list! Although her talk show is no longer on the air, Oprah has continued the gift giving, sharing all of the best presents for the holiday season. This year, she’s highlighting small businesses and has the perfect gift no matter who you’re shopping for!