"Thankfully I was 29 and not 14," Pearce said, as Spacey accuser Anthony Rapp was at the time of Spacey's alleged sexual advance.
While the full interview won't be broadcast until Tuesday evening, Pearce was reportedly very careful in choosing how to answer a question about his time on that film set two decades ago. Since then, Spacey's career has crumbled in wake of being accused of sexual misconduct by multiple men.
Considering the litany of allegations that have been brought against Spacey since actor Anthony Rapp first accused him of making sexual advances toward him when he was 14 years old, Pearce knew where this was going.
"Yeah, yeah. Tough one to talk about at the moment," Pearce said on "Interview," an Australian talk show. "Amazing actor, incredible actor. Slightly difficult time with Kevin, yeah."
It was after a pause that he elicited a gasp from the audience with this admission: "He's a handsy guy."
After a very uncomfortable pause, he added, as if to clarify that it was indeed exactly what everyone was thinking, "Thankfully, I was 29 and not 14."
Spacey became one of the earliest faces of the #MeToo movement when Rapp first accused him of sexual misconduct in October 2017. Since then, others have come forward with similar allegations.
The actor was fired from the upcoming season of Netflix's "House of Cards," and saw his scenes for "All the Money in the World" refilmed with Christopher Plummer taking over his role.
In response to those initial allegations, Spacey controversially came out as gay, with many criticizing his timing. He has denied the allegations, but also retreated from the spotlight to reportedly seek "evaluation and treatment" for his behavior.