The bizarre turn of events led to "The Worst Drivers License Photo Of All Time" being uncovered as well.
"The Bachelor" contestant Bekah Martinez was listed as a missing person by her own mother last fall, while she was busy trying to find love on reality TV.
"MOM. how many times do I have to tell you I don't get cell service on 'The Bachelor'?" Martinez tweeted Friday morning in response to the public fascination spawned by a North Coast Journal report saying she was listed as missing in mid-November 2017.
"Honestly the scariest thing about this story is that my efforts to conceal The Worst Drivers License Photo Of All Time have been thwarted," the ABC reality star added on Twitter. The photo, used on her Missing Person notice on the State of California Department of Justice's website, is the one shown above right.
The 22-year-old contestant was reported missing by her mother on November 18, 2017, six days after she had last spoken with her daughter via a friend's phone. "Martinez had reportedly come to Humboldt County to work on a marijuana farm. Her mother hadn't heard from her since Nov. 12, 2017," Public Information Officer Samantha Karges told the Journal.
After someone recognized her from "The Bachelor" when the Journal did a story about missing people in Humboldt County, Karges got in touch with Rebekah, confirmed she was "not missing and doing well" and removed her from the database this week.
Martinez initially posted on September 17 that she was "giving up" her phone and social media for a while, while keeping her reality show gig a secret. Seems she forgot to relay that intel to her mother. Martinez then re-appeared on social media on November 23, around the time most of the other contestants from the current season also returned to their daily Instagram posts.
It's unclear when Rebekah wrapped filming on the ABC series, though she is considered a frontrunner despite her decade-plus age difference with Arie Luyendyk Jr.
Something else she missed while she was separated from her phone: major Kardashian baby news.
Martinez previously tweeted on January 16 that "the worst part of not having my phone in the mansion was when the producers told us about the Kylie Jenner pregnancy rumors and I couldn't spend 3+ hours Internet sleuthing." The Tweet has been pinned to the top of her feed ever since.
TooFab has reached out to the reality star for comment. ABC and Warner Brothers have both declined to comment.
"The Bachelor" airs Monday's at 8 p.m. on ABC.