Michael Cohen DENIES Working With Tom Arnold To Take Down Donald Trump
Getty
Every Hollywood Star Railing on Trump's 'Zero-Tolerance' Immigration Policy

The actor and the embattled attorney posed for a selfie together that sparked lots of confusion.

Michael Cohen has denied he is working with actor Tom Arnold to take down Donald Trump.

Arnold, who was once married to Roseanne Barr, went on CNN last night to promote his new Viceland show "The Hunt for The Trump Tapes" -- which plans to reveal unreleased recordings of the president -- and said that he would be "hanging out" with Trump's former lawyer and gathering information for his investigative series.

However, Cohen took to Twitter to deny the claims later that night. Here's how things went down.

"I'm spending the weekend hanging out with Michael Cohen, and there's a lot going on," Arnold said to CNN's Poppy Harlow on "OutFront CNN" Friday night. "So, you've disrespected him and his family and there's a lot going on."

The actor, and former contestant on Trump's "The Celebrity Apprentice," posted a selfie of him and Cohen on Thursday with the caption, "I love New York." Cohen retweeted the photo with no comment. This sparked people to speculate that the two were working together to take down Trump.

Cohen is currently under criminal investigation for financial proceedings, but recently seemed to be breaking his alliance to the President through multiple "signals" -- such as criticizing Trump's immigration policy. There are also speculation that Cohen will cooperate with federal prosecutors and give them information about Trump, CNN reported.

Arnold's interview turned even more bizarre when Harlow asked him whether he thought Cohen was cooperating with authorities, because it took him 17 seconds to answer. Arnold answered, "No" that he didn't want to answer the questions.

Earlier that day, Arnold told MSNBC's Nicole Wallace that Cohen and himself were going to take down Trump "together.

"This dude has all the tapes -- this dude has everything," Arnold said in the MSNBC interview. "I say to Michael, 'Guess'"

However, Arnold and Cohen both shut down the rumors of a possible team up on Twitter, with the actor attempting to clarify the situation following his confusing interviews.

"Michael Cohen didn't say Me & him were teaming up to take down Donald Trump!" he wrote. "Michael has enough Trump on his plate. I'm the crazy person who said Me & Michael Cohen were teaming up to take down Trump of course. I meant it. Michael doesn't get paid by Vice #thehuntforthetrumptapes."

Cohen retweeted Arnold's tweet and thanked him for clearing it up. He also added a tweet of his own.

"Appreciate @TomArnold kind words about me as a great father, husband and friend," he said. "This was a chance, public encounter in the hotel lobby where he asked for a selfie. Not spending the weekend together, did not discuss being on his show nor did we discuss @POTUS. #done #ridiculous"

Arnold responded back that he was going to be appearing on MSNBC again, so Cohen better not watch it.

We've said this once and we'll say it again: what a bizarre world we're living in.

Arnold's new Viceland show premieres later this year -- obviously there's still some investigating going on. You can watch the trailer below.

Covfefe Forever Getty/Twitter Trump Twitter Fails: 15 Times Trump Used 'Alternative Spelling' for His 'Alternate Facts'

Hot Videos

Advertisement