Ryan Seacrest is advocating for the "presumption of innocence" after being accused of mistreating a former show stylist.
In November 2017, Seacrest received a letter from a lawyer representing said stylist, who claimed the E! exec had mistreated her more than a decade ago. Seacrest publicly denied the allegations and agreed to comply with the network's investigation. Last week, E! said their investigation "found insufficient evidence to support the claims against Seacrest and therefore could not be substantiated."
On Tuesday morning, The Hollywood Reporter published a guest blog written by Seacrest, in which he detailed the "gut-wrenching" feeling of having his "workplace conduct questioned," and advocated for everyone accused of wrongdoing to be given "a swift and fair review."
"Most of us agree that the presumption of innocence is an important standard," Seacrest wrote. "We are taught early on that it's essential to see all sides, to give everyone a chance to explain and to check for exculpatory evidence that may have been missed."
"At a time when improper interactions between men and women, particularly in the workplace, are part of a national conversation, we must find a way to ensure that everyone -- the public, private and public institutions, accusers and alleged accused -- is given the opportunity for a swift and fair review," he added.
Seacrest went on to say that his "job is to listen" and that he will continue to "ask questions and try to help voices be heard."
"We all have the right to be treated equally, regardless of our gender, race, faith, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status," he wrote. "We find ourselves in extraordinary times in American culture. We live with near constant change, disruption and public discourse. I realize the morals and values, the decency, we've perhaps taken for granted, individually and as citizens of the world, are in question. Worse, at risk. I do not take these things for granted."