Her decision comes a day after she tweeted on Sunday, "I will be doing a TV interview this week. I'll tell u about it tomorrow!"
The former "Roseanne" star, who returned to television to incredible ratings before she singlehandedly got the revived sitcom cancelled, said that a TV interview would be "too stressful and untrustworthy for me and my fans."
Instead, she wants to maintain complete control. "I'm going to film it myself and post it on my YouTube channel in the next week," she said. "The entire explanation of what happened and why! I love you all -- sign up and get ready."
Before teasing the interview that will no longer happen, Barr said on a podcast with Rabbi Shmuley Boteach last week that she has "already been offered so many things."
"I've almost accepted one really good offer to go back on TV and I might do it. But we'll see," she said at the time. It's unclear if she was referencing an interview or new scripted series of some kind.
Meanwhile, ABC announced that a "Roseanne" spin-off, "The Conners," will be coming soon without the matriarch of the family.