With Halloween right around the corner, we're counting down the days by posting five fun facts about our favorite fright flicks.
Today's featured film is "Shaun of the Dead" (2004).
1. On-screen housemates Shaun (Simon Pegg) and Ed (Nick Frost) lived together in real life. Their relationship in the film is based on their friendship. They would go on to star in "Hot Fuzz" and "The World's End" together.
2. Peter Serafinowicz, who played Shaun and Ed's housemate Pete, voiced Darth Maul in "Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace."
3. Coldplay's Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland appear as zombies in the film (you can clearly see Chris on the left here). Chris sang a cover of Ash's "Everybody's Happy Nowadays" for the soundtrack.
4. All of the zombie extras were paid one pound a day, an homage to George A. Romero paying his extras one dollar a day for "Day of the Dead" and "Dawn of the Dead."
5. "Shaun of the Dead' and the similarly named "Dawn of the Dead" were to be released the same weekend in the United Kingdom, but "Shaun" ended up getting pushed two weeks back to avoid confusion and competition.
For more fun/freaky facts, check out these flicks below!