In a carefully worded statement, Hearst says Hardwick is "a good man."
Sharing an image of the couple together on Instagram, Hearst said she's in "complete support" of her husband in a lengthy, but carefully worded statement posted Thursday morning.
"This is not a statement in defense, this is a statement of defense," she began. "Defense for all the women who have been sexually abused, raped, trafficked, and tortured; defense of all the people who this movement was started for. Over the last year the #MeToo movement has rightly aimed a spotlight directly on women whose stories needed to be told. As someone who has been involved in toxic relationships in the past, I know first hand the importance of sharing these stories and do not take this situation lightly."
"I have made the decision to come out in support of my husband not out of obligation, but out of necessity to speak the truth about the person I know," the message continued. "Chris is nothing but loving and compassionate and is the only person who has stood by me, never judged me, helped me heal, and feel whole. To defend my husband would be giving credence to any of these accusations. I will not do that. Chris Hardwick is a good man."
She closed by writing, "I remain in complete support of my husband, and I believe that the truth will always win. #TimesUp because I know my truth and I believe in due process."
Last week, Dykstra -- an actress, TV personality, cosplayer and former Nerdist host -- wrote a long, powerful essay, titled "Rose-Colored Glasses: A Confession," about suffering through a three-year relationship with an entertainment media mogul "almost 20 years [her] senior." She detailed the alleged sexual assault she suffered, as well as his controlling behavior on top of regular emotional and verbal abuse.
Although she never named Hardwick, the comedian's name began to trend on Twitter after people added up clues Dykstra left in her piece to speculate she was referring to him.
He then came forward with his own statement denying the allegations.
"These are very serious allegations and not to be taken lightly which is why I've taken the day to consider how to respond," Hardwick said in a statement released last Friday. "I was heartbroken to read Chloe's post. Our three-year relationship was not perfect -- we were ultimately not a good match and argued -- even shouted at each other -- but I loved her, and did my best to uplift and support her as a partner and companion in any way and at no time did I sexually assault her."
"When we were living together, I found out that Chloe had cheated on me, and I ended the relationship," Hardwick continued. "For several weeks after we broke up, she asked to get back together with me and even told me she wanted to have kids with me, 'build a life' with me and told me that I was 'the one,' but I did not want to be with someone who was unfaithful."
"I'm devastated to read that she is now accusing me of conduct that did not occur. I was blindsided by her post and always wanted the best for her. As a husband, a son, and future father, I do not condone any kind of mistreatment of women."
Despite the denial, his name was scrubbed completely from Nerdist's website and AMC announced it will not air Hardwick's "Talking" series until the network assesses the situation in wake of the "troubling allegations" against the host.
"We have had a positive working relationship with Chris Hardwick for many years. We take the troubling allegations that surfaced yesterday very seriously," the network said in a statement. "While we assess the situation, 'Talking with Chris Hardwick' will not air on AMC, and Chris has decided to step aside from moderating planned AMC and BBC America panels at Comic-Con International in San Diego next month."