Today's featured film is the 2000 version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."
1. It took 3 hours to apply the prosthetic Grinch make-up on Jim Carrey. He felt so uncomfortable in the latex skin, a Navy Seal came in to teach him torture-resistance techniques.
2. This movie had the most characters in heavy make-up since “The Wizard of Oz.” On a busy filming day, there were 45 make-up artists on set. They used 8,000 make-up appliances during production.
3. 152,000 pounds of crushed marble was used to create the snow in Whoville. They used 6 miles of styrofoam to build the sets.
4. The Grinch suit is made out of yak hairs that were dyed green and sewed onto a spandex suit one by one.
5. Ron Howard (director) came in at 3:30 one morning to put on the Grinch suit with full make-up. He directed the entire day with the suit on. Jim Carrey was angry when he first saw the director because he thought he was a bad stunt double that didn’t look like him.
For more Holiday Movie Trivia, check out the links below:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Bridget Jones's Diary
The Santa Clause