While it seems obvious at this point, Universal has officially postponed production on "Fast & Furious 7" in the wake of Paul Walker's death.
"Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended Fast & Furious family of cast, crew and filmmakers," the studio said in a statement.
"At this time we feel it is our responsibility to shut down production on Fast & Furious 7 for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise. We are committed to keeping Fast & Furious fans informed, and we will provide further information to them when we have it. Until then, we know they join us in mourning the passing of our dear friend Paul Walker."
The actor died in a car crash over the weekend. He was 40.
The cast of the film was supposed to return to set this week after a break for the holidays, with filming also planned in Dubai in January 2014.
Instead, the stars of the film reunited at a memorial for their costar at the crash site on Monday night.
As we previously reported, the studio only has a few options at this point ... and the decision will not be an easy one.
They could either scrap the film entirely, keep Walker in the movie using footage they've already shot, edit him out or simply call it a day and end the series.
Considering the statement specifically says Universal wants to "move forward with the franchise," the latter option probably isn't going to happen.