After the internet absolutely demolished Kathy Griffin for a photo shoot wherein she's seen holding the bloody, decapitated head of Donald Trump, the comedienne released a formal apology in regards to the images, which were obtained by TMZ Tuesday.
"Hey everybody, it's me, Kathy Griffin," Griffin says in the video she shared on Twitter. "I sincerely apologize. I am just now seeing the reaction to these images. I'm a comic. I crossed the line. I move the line. Then I cross it. I went way too far. The image is too disturbing. I understand how it offends people. It wasn't funny. I get it. I've made a lot of mistakes in my career. I will continue. I ask your forgiveness. Taking down the image. I am going to ask the photographer to take down the image. And I beg for your forgiveness. I went too far. I made a mistake and I was wrong."
Earlier in the day, Griffen tried to explain herself in a set of tweets, but this is the first formal apology she shared. The photographer, Tyler Shields also took to Twitter saying the project was nothing more than an "artistic statement."
The images even caught the attention of the secret service, who said "Threats made against @SecretService protectees receive the highest priority of all of our investigations. #ProtectionNeverRests." The department later released a lengthier statement which read, ""The U.S. Secret Service has a critical mission. It is always unfortunate when people make statements that could be perceived as threats. We don't have the luxury of knowing a person's intent. Each alleged or perceived threat has to be investigated thoroughly which taxes Secret Service manpower and resources that could be utilized elsewhere."