The fallout surrounding the "Bachelor in Paradise" scandal just keeps getting messier.
The ABC spinoff abruptly shut down production on filming Season 4 after allegations of "misconduct" were reported between contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson. Now, the two reality stars at the middle of it all have spoken out in new statements and interviews, as another contestant who was there gave her own account of what she saw down in Mexico.
“I was taken back with Corinne's statement that she's the victim. That may be the role she plays on the show, but it's a role. I don't believe she was a victim or traumatized,” Jasmine Goode, a contestant on this season of "BIP" said to Daily Mail.
The 29-year-old insists that she has "nothing but love for her friend," but she is shocked at her claim of sexual misconduct while filming.
"The statement she released doesn't even sound like her. It sounds like someone wrote it for her. Not once did she complain or say she was upset with what happened in the pool with DeMario," Goode continued. "She was laughing, having a good time. Even the day after she was hanging out with DeMario and some other people in the hot tub. I honestly thought they were going to become a couple.”
"I feel bad for DeMario. He's a good guy. He's sweet and not aggressive one bit," she added. "I am sad and disappointed this has happened. We are all shocked."
Jackson told Inside Edition he doesn't "blame anyone right now, all I want [are] the tapes," which he thinks will expose the truth.
"My character has been assassinated, my family name has been drug through the mud," Jackson added. "The only thing I want is for the truth to come out. I feel like the truth will be able to come out in those videos."
He also said that the allegations led to getting fired as an executive recruiter.
Olympios announced on Wednesday that she hired famed attorney Marty Singer to represent her to "seek justice" as she has very little memory of what occurred that night.
"I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4," Olympios told TMZ. "Something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production."
She said she's now coping with her "worst nightmare becoming reality."
"As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring and attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to being dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening."
The Contestants' Contract
With DeMario and Olympios getting ready for some kind of legal battle, the producers may be able to shield themselves from some of the fallout.
According to TMZ, all contestants signed a contract waiving their right to sue producers over claims of "negligence, personal injury (including without limitation, any injuries arising out of the transmission of a sexually transmitted disease or unwelcome/unlawful contact or other interaction among participants)."
The one caveat: if the producers were reckless that clause would not be enforceable.