Last year, Roseanne made a racist joke on Twitter about former White House adviser Valerie Jarrett, referencing the Muslim Brotherhood and the "Planet of the Apes." The backlash was instant and relentless.
Despite the reboot's stellar ratings and an eventual apology from its titular star, ABC cancelled "Roseanne." Now, after a year of mulling it over, the comedian feels it's all Michelle's fault.
"[Michelle] said, 'This tweet is unforgivable,'" Roseanne told Britain's The Sunday Times magazine. "That's what I was told, and I tend to believe it, because the woman who fired me is now working with the Obamas at Netflix."
While she didn't name any names, Roseanne was likely referring to Channing Dungey, the former ABC Entertainment Group president responsible for giving "Roseanne" the boot. In November of last year, Netflix hired Channing as vice president of original programming, including content for the Obamas' label, Higher Ground Productions.
The 66-year-old comedian also feels anti-Semitic attitudes prompted her termination. "They wanted to take a Jew down," she told the Times. "They wanted to take down a Zionist because they think that Zionists are the problem with everything in the world, and a lot of people in this country think like them."
Roseanne also accused ABC of taking issue with her support of president Donald Trump, telling the mag, "They hate powerful women. And they hate powerful, deplorable women. And I do consider myself deplorable."
"Deplorable is the greatest thing Hillary [Clinton] ever called us because it empowered a revolution: We are deplorable to her kind," she continued. "Of course, all working-class people are deplorable to her because it was working-class people that elected Trump."
But Roseanne's outrage didn't end there. She's also peeved that ABC is still using her cast and crew from "Roseanne" for the show's spin-off, "The Conners." She initially gave the network her blessing, telling press at the time, "I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from 'Roseanne.' I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved."
But the comedian drastically changed her tone when discussing the matter on Sunday.
"They think because they killed me, it's okay to use me, use the memory of me, still mention me?" she fumed. "It's still my show, but they stole it. They are going to do it to other comics. I'm just the first."