"Saturday night, on my way to the event at the retreat, I stabbed myself in the hand with a knife," she explained on "The View" Tuesday morning. "I was trying to desperately eat something, so I was trying to open an avocado. So I stuck the knife into the pit to get it out ... and I stabbed myself!"
"I've never had pain quite so intense, it was awful," Behar added.
Behar stayed over night in the hospital and was given an antibacterial drip for her wound. The TV host was told that slicing (or in this case stabbing) your hand open while cutting an avocado is a common occurrence these days.
"Apparently there is a syndrome called avocado hand," she said. "It's real! And doctor said, 'We get this all the time.' And bagels also. Any time you're holding the item, and you try cut it, you can get this."
"I'll leave the dicing to Rachael Ray and only buy ready-made guacamole. That's it!" Behar joked.
Her co-hosts gave her a feel better gift: a safety glove and (safe) avocado slicer.